Thursday, January 16, 2014

Old Man Giving Up On Blogging

I am totally frustrated with my blog. I cannot figure out how to build traffic. I have had thousands of visitors and only made three cents in December 2013. That is pathetic.

I just finished reading about how to build blog traffic by #mashable and some other people. All very good ideas, I'm sure, if I knew what they were talking about.

# Backlinks, hyperlinks, longtail, embedded links, seo, metatitles, and all the rest of that stuff  are all Chinese to me even though I have dedicated hundreds of hours to trying to figure out how to apply what I am reading. I want to write but want to have at least a few people read me. This is no fun.

I never get any comments and I cannot even read my performance reports.

I copy and paste each blog post to Twitter with a teaser that does bring a few people back to my blog. But,
I have a virtual zero following. That means nobody likes it here.

I have also added Google+ to confuse me further. Nobody is going there either.

I think I am too old for social networking. I would rather be writing with a pen and paper.  I did all my profitable work with my mouth. Selling.

It was so much easier then. Also, it can't help that I am so technically inept.

Any  feedback anyone or am I talking to myself?

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment