Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Alone And Depressed Compulsive Gambler

Here I sit. I am a 66 year old male with absolutely no life. I have lived it already with very little success. I live nicely in a studio penthouse My old time rich ex-girlfriend pretty much supports me. I have enough money, with her constant help to be ver comfortable.  My health is OK although I do need prostate surgery eventually.

I woke up this morning about 11.30.  I was going to get dressed and go to work. I work for a private taxi service. I have beenj divorced for 25 years. I have a family including 3 kids and 3 grandchildren but I am alone. I know many people from a life filled with owning a big business, playing ball, gambling,  and going out with many women.  Bu, I am so all alone now..

I decided to cook some pork chops I bought yesterday. Then, I did get dressed and ate the  pork chops. Instead of leaving I turned on the TV program Cops and have sat here for 3 hours watching episode after episode..

I am so depressed I cannot put it into other words except this recap.. Now, I am having doubts as to whether I will go to work at all since I control my own time and hours. I have a Gamblers Anonymous meeting tonight. A bunch of guys meet before the meeting to have dinner. I am friends with all of them but I don't care about most of them and most do not care about me. Now, I will look at one of the online dating sites I subscribe to.

I was never lonely when I gambled. I could always bet and never feel lonely.I have not made a bet in almost six years. That  is my only bragging right. I am so alone.

2 comments:

  1. I like your more honest blogs like this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. It seems easier to admit sensitive things on a blog..Please keep commenting and reading and also send me a link. I am paying (one dollar) $1.00 to the first 10 people to respond with comments via Paypal so if I have your email address I will send you $1.00. Be well. David

      Delete